FUEL BLOCK TRAINS
The last regular working of fuel trains in NSW were the Block Trains operated by Ampol/Caltex and Shell Australia. The Ampol service worked to Bomen in Southern NSW whilst the Shell service was operated by Freight Australia and worked to Canberra, West Tamworth and Dubbo. Many of the 50 year old Tulloch built rail tank cars could still be found in regular service with these trains.
The SDS Ampol block train represents when it first started operating and all of the wagons were repainted in their new corporate color scheme, several of the older wagons were originally in service for Golden Fleece.
SDS Freight Australia block trains represent Shell Australia rail tank cars re-branded by simply painting over the Shell logo. Not all the cars had received their new identity prior to entering service. These cars were built new in 1938/39 by Tulloch Limited.
- Highly detailed Ready-to-Run HO scale model
- Injection moulded high quality plastic bodywork
- Etched metal walkways
- Finely detailed chassis and underfloor
- Full brake rigging
- Semi scale stainless steel rimmed wheels
- Genuine Scale Kadee® metal knuckle coupler
- 18” Minimum radius recommended