VICTORIAN RAILWAYS M CATTLE WAGON
The last one hundred four wheeled M cattle wagons (numbered 780 to 879 inclusive) were built by the VR Newport Workshops in 1952/53 to a similar design as earlier cattle wagons. These later built wagons incorporated some distinguishing features over the previous series of cattle wagons with the combination brake cylinder air receiver being mounted along the wagon centreline and the brake rigging passing below the axle. The handbrake also featured a deeper V hanger which was often referred to the as the “GY” style handbrake, the canoe panel at the end of the wagon was enclosed and many of the wagons also received square axle box journals. Our models reflect these subtle variations and each pack includes 9 and 10 spoked wheeled wagons with the matching axle box style.
The weight of our model complements that of a Steam Era Models M cattle wagon allowing them to be operated together, they also feature a removable roof with an optional stamped self-adhesive metal weight for those modellers wishing to increase the wagons weight.
- Assembled Ready-to-Run HO scale model
- Highly detailed wagon body and underfloor
- Full brake rigging and underfloor detail
- 3-piece brake rigging allowing for wheel-set removal
- Spoked and disc wheels with stainless steel tyres
- Moulded wheel centres with inside detail
- Two styles of axle box journals
- Genuine Kadee scale head metal couplers
- 18” Minimum radius recommended