NRY 38’ Ice Chilled Boxcar
30 of these cars were built by A. Goninan in 1973-74. They were numbered 22701 to 22730, fitted with 2CM high speed bogies and painted white. They were cooled via 2 tonnes of ice through 8 hatches in the roof and whilst of similar dimensions to earlier MRC and TRC ice chilled cars, the NRY were of welded steel construction.
With the increase in mechanical refrigeration the need for ice chilled vans diminished, in turn they were used in small items traffic and recoded NBTY, NBTX, NBNY.
- Highly detailed Ready-to-Run HO scale model
- Injection moulded high quality plastic bodywork
- Full brake rigging and underfloor detail
- Semi scale metal rimmed wheels
- Genuine Kadee #158 whisker coupler
- 18” Minimum radius recommended