NSWGR 42 class built by Clyde Engineering, Granville.
- Electromotive Diesel A7, later model A16C
- Power unit EMD16-567C, V16
- Generator EMD D12
- Traction motors 6 x EMD D37
- Power output for traction 1600hp (gross 1800hp)
- Tractive effort (continuous) 61,250lb
- Max speed 71mph (114kph)
- Weight 120t
There were six locomotives in the class and they were delivered over a period of nine months:
- 4201 (s/no 55-74) November 1955
- 4202 (s/no 55-75) December 1955
- 4203 (s/no 55-79) January 1956
- 4204 (s/no 56-87) March 1956
- 4205 (s/no 56-92) May 1956
- 4206 (s/no 56-100) August 1956
Only three colour schemes were originally applied:
- Indian Red with red lining
- two painted in Indian Red Austerity (no red lining)
- one painted in the 125th Anniversary of NSW Railways colours of green and yellow.
Contents: 1x Indian Red model.