NSWGR Bogie Cattle Wagon - BCW PTC Blue Pack 2
Eureka’s BCW model depicts the last batch of 100 cattle vans converted at Clyde Wagon Works from 1959-type sheep vans, utilising the original bogies, ends, roof and underframes. New sides were fabricated from standard cattle van components, but there were two bars in the upper area to compensate for the extra height compared to the 1959-type BCW.
Bogies varied, and Eureka is modelling the common 2AQ(AQA) type. The wagons were introduced in 1974 in PTC blue, which quickly faded and weathered to a light grey. Numbers were 30801-30900, code BCW, later NSCF, and they were all out of service by the time that the railways ceased transporting cattle in 1989. Eureka’s BSV depicts the standard bogie sheep van as introduced into service from 1959.
Includes: pack of 3 wagons.