WGX / WOAX / ROAX / SOAX OPEN WAGON
These open wagons were constructed in Western Australia from 1966 through to 1973. In total 233 wagons were built at the Midland Workshops.
The first batch of 100 wagons were fitted with end doors to allow for discharging of bulk products, the remainder were built with plain ends.
These wagons were suitable for bogie exchange working and could be found in all eastern states.
Later some were modified by NRC for steel traffic with the removal of the doors, many of these wagons then gravitated to Silverton for use on domestic container traffic in NSW.
- Highly detailed Ready-to-Run HO scale model
- Injection moulded high quality plastic bodywork
- Internal body and door details
- Diecast metal underfloor centre beam
- Etched stainless floor overlay
- Full brake rigging and underfloor detail
- Semi scale 10.5mm diameter metal rimmed wheels
- Genuine Kadee scale head whisker coupler
- 18” Minimum radius recommended