Wuiske Models, in partnership with Haskell Co, have released the 2100 Class locomotives.
- All Wheel Pick Up.
- All Wheel Drive.
- Directional LED headlights and marker lights.
- Separate operating Number Boards.
- Fine (0.6mm) Acetal Handrails.
- Multiple Body Variations
- 18" Minimum Radius.
- Ready To Run.
- Fine scale RP25-88, Blackened, Brass Wheels.
- Injection moulded (ABS and POM) Body and Components.
- Separately applied stainless steel, brass and plastic components.
- Factory painted and decorated.
- Genuine Scale Kadee #58 Scale Couplers.
- Accurate printing and stencilling.
- Height adjustable Coupler Pockets.
The 1550 class is the FOURTH EVER mass produced RTR locomotive for Queensland modellers. These fine models have been developed over an extensive period and designed to give you many years of operating pleasure.
The 2100 class was built by Clyde Engineering in Queensland and were designed for use on the coal hauling lines of the Goonyella and Peak Downs systems. Rated at 2200hp, the 2100 class were designed for heavy haulage. The first of the 24 members of the class was introduced in 1970. These units underwent many conversions to reduce their weight from a 16 tonne axle load to a 15 tonne axle load to enable them to be utilised in more areas of the state. Driver Only conversions began in November 1990. The introduction of the 4000 class enabled QR to begin withdrawing them and the first ten units withdrawn were sold to Chile in 2001.