Wuiske Models, in partnership with Haskell Co, have released the 2470 Class locomotives.
- All Wheel Pick Up.
- All Wheel Drive.
- Directional LED headlights and marker lights.
- Separate operating Number Boards.
- Fine (0.6mm) Acetal Handrails.
- Multiple Body Variations
- 18" Minimum Radius.
- Ready To Run.
- Fine scale RP25-88, Blackened, Brass Wheels.
- Injection moulded (ABS and POM) Body and Components.
- Separately applied stainless steel, brass and plastic components.
- Factory painted and decorated.
- Genuine Scale Kadee #58 Scale Couplers.
- Accurate printing and stencilling.
- Height adjustable Coupler Pockets.
The 2470 class is the FIFTH EVER mass produced RTR locomotive for Queensland modellers. These fine models have been developed over an extensive period and designed to give you many years of operating pleasure.
The 38 members of the 2470 class were built by Clyde Engineering in Queensland in four batches from 1980 to 1983. These units were designed for use in general traffic although, due to demands in the Central Queensland Coal Fields, only five units were released to general traffic.
Units 2475 & 2476 were specially allocated to Bowen area coal duties.
Units 2479 and 2481 were retained for Moura Coal Traffic.
All other units were released into general traffic and converted to Driver Only Operation after electrification of the coal lines.